Sunday, March 28, 2021

The Busted Pipe Chronicles Day 32: I've Been Homeless For A Month

I, like many Texans, had their pipes burst and home flooded with water. Here is my story.

It's been a month since I called a place home. For a month now, I've been living out of a hotel (with a overnight stay at the hospital) living off of microwavable food and whatever drinks that could fit in my car. Whatever I couldn't bring is in storage while I try to find another apartment in the middle of a pandemic. Yes, there are millions of people who are FAR worse off than me because they don't have a roof over their head, bed to sleep in, food to eat, clean clothes to wear, tub to bathe in or internet to bitch about things in a blog. I drive by them every time I hit the highway because they usually hang around at the off-ramp light asking for change.

I already knew the majority of Americans are a missed paycheck or natural disaster away from being completely fucked but goddamn this country is unwilling to take care of people who are suffering from hard times. I see so many empty buildings that could be used to house people but nope, they would rather let those buildings rot away instead of renovate or demolish them and use the space for low income housing. Makes you wish this country went through a hard reset and start over but that's not gonna happen. And the powers that be sure as hell not gonna spend a dime on helping people unless they can profit off of it while citizens get fucked over.

Stay tuned tomorrow for Day 33: I Got A Publishers Clearing House Scam Call in The Busted Pipe Chronicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment