Friday, March 26, 2021

The Busted Pipe Chronicles Day 30: Who Is Wali Lundy?

I, like many Texans, had their pipes burst and home flooded with water. Here is my story.

In case you haven't noticed, I've been using stock images for all my headers in this series. Yesterday was no different even though that's clearly a real Houston Texans player in that image. Generally, stock football images are generic players on generic teams that could be from any random high school or college. But here's a NFL player as a stock image without a watermark available for download. So I must ask, who the hell is #33?

When I did a reverse image search, I got Michael Davis but that was a template card so that wasn't right. I saw this card came from 2017, so I looked up the Texans roster for that year and got practice squad RB Troymaine Pope. Problem here is he doesn't have a cross tattoo on his left arm so I went back to the 2016 season and got (current Ottawa REDBLACKS?) RB Akeem Hunt (no relation). Well, he doesn't have that tattoo either. So I went back to the reverse search and I had to go back three pages to find this Wikimedia result that tells me it's Wali Lundy from 2006! And what do you know, he has the tattoo!

So who is this guy? He's a legend at Holy Cross. He's all over Virginia's record books including 43 career rushing TDs, 17 rushing TDs in a season and 11 100-yard rushing games. He started a artistic group called Fresh Fuzion in 2010. And he's currently the RBs Coach for Lafayette Leopards. So even though his NFL career was generically brief, he's living a successful life.

Stay tuned tomorrow for Day 31 I Have So Many Drafts... in The Busted Pipe Chronicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment