Thursday, March 25, 2021

The Busted Pipe Chronicles Day 29: Finally, Something Worth Watching On Amazon!

I, like many Texans, had their pipes burst and home flooded with water. Here is my story.

I've been paying for Amazon Prime for about a year and haven't done shit with it. I intended on watching and reviewing anime on it, but outside of Yu-Gi-Oh, everything else only has subtitles. Also, animes like Cat Planet Cuties are behind (another) paywall so I can't even watch those shows. I also intended on watching sports movies, maybe even making rosters with them but I got bored with that idea and didn't do it. Hell, I haven't even watched Coming 2 America yet!

So when I heard Amazon will be the exclusive home of Thursday Night Football in the NFL's new $113 billion dollar tv deal, I finally have a reason to use my Amazon account again. Other changes coming to that 2023 season includes ESPN being able to flex Monday Night Football games and airing a divisional round game. ABC gets added to the Super Bowl broadcast rotation. And more games will become stream exclusives. So even though more games are going to cable and online only, the NFL flexed on the other leagues by reminding us that they're the only sports league where every game can be watched on regular tv. I do appreciate that local markets can still watch their team over-the-air even when the game is on ESPN, ESPN+, Amazon, NFL Network, Paramount+, Tubi, Hulu, Peacock, etc.

Stay tuned tomorrow for Day 30: Who Is Wali Lundy? in The Busted Pipe Chronicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment