Sunday, March 7, 2021

The Busted Pipe Chronicles Day 13: I Hate Driving At Night

I, like many Texans, had their pipes burst and home flooded with water. Here is my story.

Generally I do everything I need to do in the morning and be finished in the afternoon. In Texas, it's a luxury to be able to run errands in the morning when it's cooler and less people out than in the afternoons when it's hot and the lines are long. By the time the sun starts to set, I'm already at home because I hate driving at night. I also hate low sunlight getting in my eye as well.

Before now, I rarely drove at night because these roads are so winding, ragly, and merge suddenly which makes driving at night hazardous. Especially if you're unfamiliar with the area like me. Add on narrow roads, construction zones, people parking on both sides of the street and drivers going 20, 30 over the speed limit as they change lanes like it's Fast & Furious, it's a miracle I haven't been caught up in a wreck yet! I can't wait to get out of this area so I won't have to drive at night so much. But night driving isn't the only bugaboo I'm forced to deal with...

Stay tuned tomorrow for Day 14: FUCK OFF! IT'S A SCHOOL ZONE! in The Busted Pipe Chronicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment