Tuesday, April 27, 2021

The Busted Pipe Chronicles Day 56: Who Is Lewis Sanders?


I, like many Texans, had their pipes burst and home flooded with water. Here is my story.

Once again, I used a stock image of an obviously real Houston Texans player for one of my stories. So like I did with Wali Lundy, let's find out who this guy is? This was fairly easy considering you can see part of his nameplate and I know to start off with their 2006 roster. And whaddayaknow, #21 on the Texans is Lewis Sanders!

So who is this guy? He had a decent 9 year career playing for the Browns, Texans, Falcons and Patriots. His NFL career wasn't much to write home about finishing with 214 tackles and 5 interceptions but he's a local legend who was inducted into the Staten Island Sports Hall Of Fame back in 2010. Not bad for someone who walked into tryouts as a freshmen at St. Peter's with "spindly legs, retainers and a worried look" for his high school's revived football program.

Stay tuned tomorrow for Day 57: Who is Terry Washington? in The Busted Pipe Chronicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment