Thursday, April 8, 2021

The Busted Pipe Chronicles Day 43: Why Is This Soup Popping So Much?

I, like many Texans, had their pipes burst and home flooded with water. Here is my story.

My diet during my time living in this hotel mostly consists of microwavable foods like soups, rice, slice turkey, instant oatmeal, cookies, muffins, chicken alfredo, mac & cheese, peanut butter sandwiches and chips with the occasional visit to McDonalds, Popeyes, Grandy's and KFC. I have no idea how much heavier I will be once I find permanent housing but it won't be pretty once I get my scale out of storage. The past 5 years or so I tried to live a more healthier life and eat better. Less processed foods and more fresh foods. Less enriched flour and more whole wheat. Less sodas and more water. You get the idea. But all that's shot to hell thanks to me getting flooded out. Yeah, my situation is nothing compared to millions of people who have nothing to eat period but dammit, I miss eating General Mills cereal!

Anyway, I've been eating different soups everyday: Chicken Noodle, Chicken Pot Pie, Chicken & Dumplings, Baked Potato with Bacon, Roasted Red Pepper & Smoked Gouda Bisque and Southwest-Style Chicken Chili. I don't know is it that the microwave here is too small or what but all of them pop while cooking. The Chicken Noodle and Gouda Bisque pop a little but the others pop so loud like it will break the glass or bust open the container. I'm not doing anything wrong because I remove the seal, place the vented top back and cook it for the time stated. But these soups start popping 30 seconds in and it's quite annoying. I never ate microwaveable soups before now so I don't know what's the root cause of this. All I know is that I can't wait to get out of here so I can go back to eating whole grain foods again. 

Stay tuned tomorrow for Day 44: Yahoo Answers Is Dead in The Busted Pipe Chronicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment