Sunday, May 2, 2021

The Busted Pipe Chronicles Day 59: Highways Have Desensitized Me


I, like many Texans, had their pipes burst and home flooded with water. Here is my story.

Back in the day, before driving on highways were a regular thing, I would get nerved up going 40 MHP on the street. I would be like "Whoa I'm going pretty fast here better slow it down!". Then the flood happened. Then I had to start driving on freeways just to get around. Nowadays, 40 is slow to me. 40 to me now is like 10 was to me two months ago. I'm like UGGGGHHHHHH Can't you go any faster? Going up and down those freeways have warped my sense of speed and I'm not sure if it will ever change back to how it was. Sure it's nice to not freaked out over going 80 MPH but I don't want to feel like death from going 30 MPH.

Stay tuned tomorrow for Day 60: Homeless No More! in The Busted Pipe Chronicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment