Sunday, February 28, 2021

The Busted Pipe Chronicles, Day 6: Wash Day


I, like many Texans, had their pipes burst and home flooded with water. Here is my story.

The clothes are piling up and I don't think this hotel has a laundromat. And if it does, it will be overpriced like the snacks down on the first floor. One of the many things about home is having my own washer and dryer. I could wash whatever I want whenever I want but now I have to find open washers and dryers in a public washeteria. There's two in my area that I went to before, a large chain one and a smaller locally owned one. Even though the chain one has more seating and front load washers, I went to the smaller one because I thought there would be less people. I was wrong. Me and the rest of my heathens took time on the Lord's Day to wash clothes.

I figured since this is a Sunday morning, it will be mostly empty since people will be at church and what not. Instead, it was just as full as any other morning in the week. Since it's a small washeteria, all 10 front loaders in the front were took up so I had to use the top loaders in the back. It gets really hot back there due to all the dryers lined up along the back wall. It also gets really crowded with people washing, putting clothes in the dryer, taking out clothes from the dryer and leaving baskets around in the way.

It took about two hours to get done and good thing because it got even fuller as I was folding clothes. The change machine also ran out of quarters so a guy was asking around for extra change in exchange of bills. It sucks spending $15.75 on washing  when you're used to washing on your own terms but it's not the end of the world. 

Stay tuned tomorrow for Day 7: Continental Breakfast in The Busted Pipe Chronicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment