Saturday, February 15, 2020

The X Is NOT For Xtreme! XFL (V.2) Week 2 Preview



So yeah, I don't know shit about the XFL. I based my picks on what little information I looked at in 30 minutes before game time and went 0-4 for my troubles. If I did more research, I would've gave Matt McGloin on the Guardians more of a chance since he played notable Raider games. Likewise, If I saw Aaron Murray on the Vipers, I would've stayed the hell away from picking them.

As for the quality of games, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Yes, these are clearly guys who aren't good enough to be in the NFL right now, but at least the opening week wasn't a total shitshow like OG XFL. The QB's were over and under throwing their receivers alot in games, but that should work itself out as time goes on. However, defenders were sliding alot and missing tackles in Week 1. They should change their cleats if that continues because man, those guys looked silly out there. But when they did get a chance to lay a hit, they really laid it in so that was a great thing to see!

The new kickoff was weird, but I can get used to it even though I would've loved to see teams get 3 extra points for kicking the ball through the uprights on kickoff. Going for a 1, 2 or 3 point conversion instead of extra point was a nice change, I just wish they added 4 point field goals for 55+ attempts. Also, no cheerleaders on the sideline because of some BS SJW reason. Personally, I don't care about cheerleaders and unless you're using them to sell calendars or other merchandise, they're pointless. But even if they are pointless, just say you don't want the added expense, don't lie and say you're a champion of women and how they can play with the guys.

 THE GAMES

NY GUARDIANS 28
DC DEFENDERS 24

I don't believe in Cardale Jones. He had a nice game against the Dragons going 16 for 26 for 235 yards and 2 touchdowns, but I feel the Guardians can edge this game out.

TAMPA BAY VIPERS 10
SEATTLE DRAGONS 21

When you have two QBs, you have no QBs. I feel that's the problem the Vipers will have this season so I will go with the Dragons on this one.

DALLAS RENEGADES 21
LA WILDCATS               17

I thought the Renegades would be like the Orlando Apollos of the AAF where Bob Stoops will lead them to the championship like Steve Spurrier. It didn't go too well in their first game, but I still have faith in them.


ST. LOUIS BATTLEHAWKS 17
HOUSTON ROUGHNECKS  24

I think the Roughnecks might become one of the top teams in the league. Of course it's only Week 2,
but since i'm talking out of my ass anyway, why not pencil them in the playoffs early?

SEASON PICKS 0-4

No comments:

Post a Comment